If you’re looking for fun in the Cape Cod sun, head to the Wequassett Resort & Golf Club. Celebrity Baby Trends founder, Rachel Florio-Urso, and her husband, Robert Urso, love taking their family to this hot spot that caters to both kids and adults.
Nestled on the elbow of the Cape in Harwich, Massachusetts, Wequassett offers a wide array of favorite activities during the summer months. The resort features four acclaimed restaurants, two magnificent pools, two beautiful beaches and breathtaking views at every turn.
- Kids ages 4 to 12 love the Children’s Center for its innovative and fun programming (and parents love that there are educational themes, too). There are daily themes and morning and evening sessions that include meals, so mom and dad can have a little alone time.
- If you have a budding chef, you’ll love Kids in the Kitchen, a weekly activity designed for kids ages 5 to 12. There is a culinary tour with one of the resort’s chefs, and the session concludes with children creating their own treats.
- The daily seal watch on Pleasant Bay is a great way to observe nature together.
- Weekly drive-in movie nights are a super fun way for your family to bond. Wequassett holds them by the waterfront pool, and a family-friendly film is shown under the stars. Popcorn, snow cones and other traditional movie snacks are served.
- How sweet is this? An old-fashioned ice cream truck visits the pool every afternoon with complimentary ice cream novelties!
- One of Rachel’s favorite times to visit Wequassett is when the resort hosts the Cape Cod Annual Jazz Festival. Great for adults and older children, the festival is held on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings in July and August. There are live performances, and drinks and a light menu are available.
- Music is also featured poolside Thursday through Monday evenings.
- Additional activities include yogalates, yoga, personal training, boat rentals, tennis and golf at Cape Cod National Golf Club.
We love that there is lots to do near the resort, too. Attractions and activities include the Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, Harwich Junior Theatre, Cape Cod Museum of Art, Whale Watches, Cape Cod Rail Trail, Cape Cod National Seashore and Roland Nickerson State Park.
If you’re looking for a great family getaway with lots of fun things to do with and without the kids (including just relax), check out one of Rachel’s fav spots. The Wequassett Resort & Golf Club truly offers something for everyone!