The Celebrity Baby Trends team had a blast at ENK Children’s Club at the Javits Center in New York City! At our social media lounge, we sat down and spoke with some really talented designers, learned about some cool, new products, and picked up on the latest trends. The best part of it all is that we caught it all on camera! We’ve rounded up some of our faves from ENK Children’s Club below. Make sure to check out our YouTube channel for the rest of our interviews from the show!
1. Joyfolie – Designer, Jessica, was once a college professor of writing and designed shoes for her daughter as a hobby. After finding success selling her pieces on Etsy (her first order was purchased by Soleil Moon Frye), she created her own entire brand, Joyfolie! Jessica is an extremely talented designer, her pieces are clean, beautiful and high-quality. We love the pink glitter gladiator sandals and shimmy dress for summer!
2. Free Like Birdie – Traveling with small children can be quite the production. Free Like Birdie provides parents with the right organizing accessories to make travel less overwhelming and more efficient. The Free Like Birdie Weekender Bag has an illustrated packing chart printed inside, is waterproof, and has a CLEAN and DIRTY section so that you can neatly organize and compress the needed items–clothes, blankets, towels, and more. Once the items have been soiled, they can be placed in the dirty section without worry about odor or moisture. Made with materials free of lead, BPA and PVC.
3. Ocra Shoes – Rachel describes Ocra Shoes as “the coolest shoes EVER in the kiddie industry!” We got an up close look at some of Ocra’s latest bootie designs which included leather, pony hair, fringe, and one of the hottest trends in tots fashion this year – metallic!
4. Bling2o – Maria and Rebecca of Bling2o got their start designing fun, bedazzled swim goggles for their daughters. Thanks to some help from a friend in the toy industry, they now have Bling2o, an entire line of fun swim goggles for boys and girls!
5. DSQUARED2 – DSQUARED2 is a high-end clothing brand that was showing their kid’s line at ENK. Their kids’ line fits tots as well as older children and consists of formal, classic looks with an edgy twist. Rachel got her hands on some of their upcoming pieces for fall which includes a tuxedo, merino wool-lined blazer and a sleek leather jacket!
6. Stella Industries – Designer Ary is a former producer at Saturday Night Live. She’s now become successful designing beautiful dresses for little girls ranging from infant to tween. Stella Industries’ pieces are unique, high-quality and super girly. The best part about these dresses is that they can be dressed up for special occasions, or played down for an afternoon stroll!