September is #NationalBabySafetyMonth and Celebrity Baby Trends is dedicated to babies’ safety and security. That’s why we’re partnering with Nested Bean to give THREE WINNERS each a Zen Swaddle or Zen Sack of their choice. Read on to learn about these awesome products and how to safely transition your baby from swaddling to a wearable blanket (aka sack).
We all know that babies sleep better when being held – but that isn’t always practical. The next-best thing is the Zen Swaddle. It simulates the pressure of a loving touch with lightly weighted pads on baby’s chest and sides. The Zen Sack, for when baby outgrows swaddling, also simulates the pressure from touch with a lightly weighted pad and plush upper panel on baby’s chest. The sack has adjustable shoulder tabs that allow for a good fit and room for growth. A two-way zipper system makes diaper changes easy. Both the swaddle and sack are toxin free, and exceed US and international safety standards.
The Zen Swaddle retails for $28.99 in cotton and $38.99 in the bamboo/cotton mix; the Zen Sack sells for $33.99 in cotton and $44.99 in the bamboo/cotton mix. Parents who use these products say their babies fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer than without them.
How do you know when your baby outgrows swaddling? Generally, somewhere between 4 to 6 months your baby will show signs that it may be time to stop swaddling. When your baby starts doing any of the following things, it is a good sign that you should start a transition plan from a swaddle:
- Increase in activity and taking arm(s) out mid-sleep.
- Growing too strong or too mobile to stay swaddled through the night.
- Fighting being swaddled and wanting one or both arms out.
- Starting to roll-over due to increased arm and neck strength.
- Waking up in the middle of the night often after a history of sleeping well.
- Decreased or no startle reflex (Moro reflex).
When it’s time to stop swaddling and transition, it is important to have a plan for the transition. To guide you, Nested Bean created a simple step-by-step plan you can follow to move baby from a swaddle to a wearable blanket in as little as 7 to 10 days.
Here are the 4 steps to transition out of swaddling:
- Swaddle with one arm out for 2 to 3 nights then with both arms out for another 2 to 3 nights.
- Monitor how your baby is receiving this change to their regular sleep circumstances. If your baby is not receiving the change well, try swaddling for an additional week or two.
- Transition to a wearable blanket – these are made specifically for the swaddle transition period.
- Keep an eye out for when your baby starts rolling on to their tummy. If you’re using the Zen Sack, remember to reverse it so the weight is resting on baby’s back.
For more information on how to transition from a swaddle to a sack, visit Nested Bean.
Enter to win via the Rafflecopter form below. This contest is open to residents of the U.S. and Canada. Fill out all fields for the greatest chance to win. Prizes ship within six weeks. Entrants are only eligible to win one prize in a six-month period. Good Luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclaimer: No purchase is necessary to enter. Void where prohibited by law. The odds of winning are based on the number of entries received. 18+ only. Confirmed Winner(s) (by Random.org) will be contacted by email. Winner(s) have 10 days to respond before a new winner is chosen. The sponsor(s) will be responsible for product shipment to winner(s) of this giveaway. This blog is not responsible for product shipment/delivery. This event is in no way administered, sponsored, or endorsed by, or associated with, Facebook and/or Twitter, Google, Pinterest. This disclosure is done in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission 10 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.