Let’s let the survivors of Hurricane Harvey know that OUR HELP is on the Way. The above image of a mother holding her baby as she’s rescued and the small children being rescued below – no words.
As we sit here writing about “What’s hot now” and planning big things for our holiday giveaways we are stopped in our tracks by the devastation going on right now a few great states away from where we work and live. A place where I used to live. A place where I gave birth to two of my daughters. A place where many of us saw our first Astros game or an amazing rodeo. A place where I still have friends and many of you have family residing. I cannot write about one more “goodie” until we do our part. We have a huge database and loyal following and not to use this platform would be unwise and heartless. And friends, please share this link with all that you know. Together we can and will make a difference.
Today, I will give up my manicure and pedicure to donate that money to Houston. I will be cleaning out closets this evening and boxing up care packages to send to shelters and donation centers. You see, it is actually easy to HELP OTHERS. You don’t have to be a millionaire to take ten minutes to donate something small or no longer needed. And don’t go thinking, ah the government and many others are donating so they’ll be alright. Instead, think; I can make a small difference and that leads to big change. So stop where you are right this minute and ask yourself why not? We don’t need to “Make America Great Again” – WE ARE GREAT! And all that stand together and give back are the ones that continue to make it great. I always tell people, It doesn’t matter if I drive a nice car or live in a big house, what matters is how I feel when I look in the mirror. So hold your head up high and do the right thing. Here are just a few of the people you will be helping…
You can simply go to America Cares Hurricane Harvey Disaster Relief Fund and donate as little as $1.00!
For every $10 you donate today, Americacares can provide $200 in aid!
Now and in the coming days, Americares will lead the way bringing medicine and supplies to all the survivors.
Americares is approved by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, and all donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Americares Federal Identification Number (EIN) is 061008595. Health Is On The Way is a trademark of Tandigm Health, LLC. Americares is a Member of Reuters Alertnet.
USA TODAY also shared these other organizations participating in hurricane relief efforts. Pick one – any one!
• American Red Cross. To donate visit redcross.org, call 1- 800-RED CROSS or text the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
• The Salvation Army: To donate visit www.helpsalvationarmy.org or call 1-800-725-2769.
• GlobalGiving: visit https://www.globalgiving.org/harvey. Donors can also text HARVEY to 80100 to donate $10 to GlobalGiving’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Message and data rates may apply. Terms: hmgf.org/t. Send a check by writing,”Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund” in the memo line and mailing it to GlobalGiving, 1110 Vermont Ave NW, Suite 550, Washington DC, 20005.
• Save the Children: www.savethechildren.org. Save the Children’s emergency response team is on the ground in San Antonio, Texas, working to meet children and families’ immediate needs
• Apple: The multimedia giant has set up a donation link directly on iTunes and App Store.Visit www.apple.com for more information. Donations will go directly to the American Red Cross.
• Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner established this fund administered by the Greater Houston Community Foundation to accept tax-deductible flood-relief donations. Checks and money orders can be mailed to the Greater Houston Community Foundation, while online credit card donations can be made at www.ghcf.org. Online credit card donations will be assessed a small fee by the credit card companies. Donors have the option of increasing their credit card donations to cover this fee. Wire-transferred cash will also be accepted.
This could have been you or your family members. Please HELP us HELP them!